COVID - 19 Update
Due to the provincial shutdown the ReStore and affiliate office is closed until further notice.
We are not accepting donations or doing pick ups at this time. If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
Donate to the Restore, help build affordable housing.
By donating your new and gently used furniture, appliances, home decor, and building materials, you help start a chain reaction of community investment that not only builds homes, but also builds stronger communities.
You can drop off items at the ReStore Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm and Saturday from 9am-2pm, or you can schedule a FREE pickup for larger items. Call (519) 352-4440 for more information or fill out the form below. Because Habitat for Humanity CK always attempts to make the best use of our funds and resources, we reserve pick-ups for large donations such as sofas and appliances.
Why donate to the ReStore?
There are many reasons to donate the items you no longer need to the ReStore - and anyone, including individuals, businesses, contractors and suppliers, can donate. Here are a few ways you can impact your community by donating your goods to the ReStore:
Every item donated to ReStore equals less usable material thrown in a landfill. That's a benefit to everyone.
It helps the
Every ReStore purchase helps local families build brighter futures for themselves with Habitat for Humanity.
It's good for the community.
We are able to provide a CRA tax receipt for donations valued at $100 or more.
What items can you donate to the ReStore?
All items must be in good working condition from a smoke free home and furniture must be in good condition with no rips or stains.
If you do not see your item on the list or have any questions, please give us a call (519) 352-4440.
- Appliances (Electric and gas)
- Furniture (No rips, stains, smoke free)
- Kitchen cabinets and countertops (We will remove your entire kitchen for free!)
- Bathroom cabinets, vanities and countertops
- Hand tools and power tools with working batteries
- Housewares and home decor
- Kitchen and bathroom sinks and taps
- Bathtubs and showers
- Cordless blinds
- Blue board, green board and cement board ½ or larger
- Electronic devices in working condition. Flat screen TV’s, radios, stereos
- Siding made of wood or vinyl (New)
- Garden tools and lawn mowers
- Hardware: hinges, handles, knobs, covers, nuts, bolts, screws, nails
- Flooring (wood, vinyl, engineered, tile) full boxes only
- Carpets (new only)
- Insulation in completely wrapped bundles, no loose insulation
- Lightbulbs - Fluorescent - only T5 + T8
- Lighting fixtures, interior and exterior, table lamps
- Mirrors with frames
- Roofing shingles, barrier paper and membranes - new in original cartons
- New, complete shower doors
- Windows - all types. Must be complete units in good condition. (Call if larger than 48”)
- Wood, moulding, plywood, OBF and MDF (3ft or longer, no nails or screws)
We accept the following items for proper recycling:
(Drop off only)
- Metal - all recyclable metals - appliances, wiring, copper plumbing, etc.
- E-Waste - computers, printer cartridges, TVs (except rear projection), cell phones, cameras, batteries, etc.
- Flat panel hollow interior doors
- Mattresses and boxsprings
- Used fluorescent light bulbs
- Baby furniture (cribs, highchairs, playpens, etc)
- Sofa beds
- Automotive parts and accessories
- Clothing and linens
- Unframed glass or mirrors
- Hazardous materials (flammables, acids, solvents, pesticides, fertilizer)
- Partial containers of paints or stains
- Used wall to wall carpet and area rugs
- Used shower doors
- Jacuzzi bathtubs
- Blinds with cords
- Wheelchairs, walkers, shower chairs, etc.
- Paint and stain
- Large quantity, oversized or heavy items
- Sealants, caulking, grout
FREE Pick-Up makes donating simple.
We offer free weekly pickups of large items in Chatham-Kent. Please note that sometimes low demand for pickups in certain areas may make it difficult to pick up in all areas each week.
To request a pickup please fill out the form. We will contact you the Monday after you fill out the form to discuss pick up options.
For large quantities of items or if you have a timeline please give us as much notice as possible.
Note: On your scheduled pick up day, please ensure all items are outside of the home prior to pick up - items can be placed in a garage, on a porch or patio, a driveway or outside. Our team is not currently entering homes to collect donations. Thank you!
Give us a call! (519) 352-4440